Monday 5 September 2016

Back to School Essentials

rljlowe | Back to School Essentials


It's that time of the year again, schools and colleges are starting back up and every stationery shop in the world is reminding you of that. I used to love going stationery shopping for school and I'm actually quite sad that I don't have a reason to do it anymore. Nevertheless, I've written about what I think are the essentials for going back to school.


rljlowe | Back to School Essentials



First - The Shop
Paperchase is always my stationers of choice, they always have a wide range of items that suit every style. There are always other shops, of course, but I find their ranges quite small and "safe".

The Essentials
The first thing you'll need is a diary, probably the most important item you can get seeing as it holds all your timetable information, your deadlines and your dreaded homework. Some schools provide diaries for their students but honestly, they're so ugly! Personally, it helps me focus and organise myself more if I have a diary that's in an aesthetically pleasing layout.

Next up are folders. In my first year of A-Levels, I tried just having a notebook to write all my notes from class in but when you're getting lots of loose paperwork for each lesson, it's a bit of a nightmare trying to leave space and stick it in. Especially if it's double-sided. The easiest thing I found was to have a ringbinder for each lesson and one refill pad where you could tear out the pages and file them in your folder. Right alongside the corresponding paperwork, genius! 

Pens, pens, pens. One minute they're there, the next, they're gone. My best advice for this is to just buy a big pack of basic biros, that way you've got spares when yours goes missing and you won't be upset if you've lost one. You'll need a pencil case too, I only used a tiny case that didn't take up much room and I still use it to this day.


Those are my absolute essentials for going back to school/college, will you be picking any of them up?



post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment