Friday 14 October 2016

Friday Feeling: Album of the Week

rljlowe | Friday Feeling: Album of the Week
Honestly, can you believe it's almost the middle of October? I feel like I'm banging on about it, maybe it's just me getting older, but this year is flying by! I feel like I've been really busy these week but on reflection, it doesn't really seem like I've accomplished anything - annoying! This week I've been really enjoying my car tunes, find out why...


This week I've been listening to:
How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful
- Florence + The Machine

I'll start off by admitting that I've never been the biggest Florence + The Machine fan, in fact, whenever they started playing on the radio I'd always be disappointed and turn it over. So as you can imagine, before even listening to the album, I had decided that I wouldn't like it and I wasn't looking forward to listening. But I gave it a chance and my God, am I glad I did. This album is actually incredible and I've found a new appreciation for Florence I didn't realise was in me.

How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful is consistently gorgeous throughout. From the more upbeat songs you can really sing your heart out to, to the slower, more relaxed songs, this album has it all. I used to think that all Florence was capable of was screeching, but every track on How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful proves how wide a vocal range Florence has. 

At times, Florence's vocals remind me a lot of London Grammar in the way she sings some lines and how she expresses her vocals. It makes me wonder who maybe inspired who - I'll have to go back and listen to some older Florence and the Machine to see if her voice has always been this way, or if it's a new progression. 

As you can probably tell, I was pleasantly surprised by this album and I'll now be looking forward to when Florence comes on the radio. 

Check out the full album below.





Will you be checking this album out?



post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment