Friday 7 October 2016

Friday Feeling: Album of the Week

rljlowe | Album of the Week
The weeks are going so quickly, I'm not sure if it's something to do with the darker evenings now or the fact that I go to bed way too early! I keep thinking that July was only last week, I reckon I'm in denial. Maybe good music has helped the week fly by, check out what I've been listening to...


This week I've been listening to:
Tell Me If You Like To
Spring King

As soon as this album started playing in my car, I had an immediate smile on my face. It's upbeat, catchy and even the "moody" songs have you feeling good. Tell Me If You Like To consists of 10 songs and whilst it's quite a short album, it's good enough that you don't get annoyed when the CD starts over again. I should know, it plays at least twice on my way to and from work!

Each of the tracks compliment each other and serve a purpose on the album, not one of them feels out of place. Whilst providing a solidly great album, Spring King offer elements in their tracks to add different dimensions and feels from the rest of the album. Track 5, "Take Me Away" for example, has elements that remind me of Glass Animals and "Who Are You" has a lovely little sax interlude. Spring King manage to include instruments and melodies that normally would sound out of place on a rock track but somehow for them, it works.

Tell Me If You Like To has a real driving force behind it, even in its more relaxed songs, an album that's perfect for cheering you up or keeping your interest on a long drive. I've really enjoyed listening to it for the past week and I wish it could have been longer just because listening to it four times in one day can get a teeny bit excessive.

Tell Me If You Like To is a short but sweet album, the songs are catchy and easy to listen to over and over. Check out the full album below.




Will you be checking this album out?



post signature

2 comments :

  1. I've never heard of this band before but it sounds right up my street, you've convinced me! Definitely going to give them a listen :D adoring your blog, the design is so pretty! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You'll love them, so high energy. Thank you so much x

      Delete