Saturday 12 September 2015

READING PHOTO DIARY: SUNDAY


We woke up on our second day of Reading, fresh faced and our feet covered in blisters. Sunday was the day I was most looking forward to as the Radio 1/ NME stage had lots of my favourite artists playing, mainly Years & Years. I ate from the Vegetarian and Vegan food stand on the Saturday but wasn't too impressed with the chilli so I took a risk and went for a mushroom and halloumi burger from Bullitt - oh my word, it was incredible. I highly recommend them, probably the best food I had all weekend!




Rob and I flitted mainly between the main and NME stages, catching sets from; The Gaslight Anthem, The Maccabees, Jamie T, Kendrick Lamar, The Libertines, Ghostpoet, Awolnation, Kwabs (who was amazing, really impressed with his set), Glass Animals, Years & Years and Deadmau5. Luckily Tyler the Creator is now banned from the UK, so with his slot free they changed all the stage times for NME, meaning we could watch a part of every band we wanted to see that day.

Years & Years were by far my favourite band from the whole weekend, I'd heard them perform live on TV before and was worried their performance wouldn't be that good but they completely surprised me and I loved every minute of it.



After Years & Years we went over to the Festival Republic Stage to watch Little Comets and a bit of Frank Turner before going back to NME (I think that was my favourite stage over the weekend) to watch Deadmau5. I wouldn't normally have gone to watch him, but Rob wanted to see the stage set-up and I was so impressed! Even if you're not really into his music, it's well worth going for the whole performance, there was so much thought put into it.

I had an amazing weekend and would definitely go again, not sure if I'm ready for the camping aspect but for the amount of bands you see in a single day, the ticket price is well worth it.


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment