Friday 11 September 2015

READING PHOTO DIARY: SATURDAY



Life has been pretty hectic these past few weeks but I've finally kicked my ass into gear, re-designed my blog and sorted through all my Reading photos. As you can probably guess from the title, I went to Reading Festival on the 29th and 30th August this year. My family kindly bought Rob and I day tickets for my 21st birthday, I was so excited because this was my first ever festival.





We got to the festival for 12 on Saturday to go see our guilty pleasure, Babymetal. Unfortunately we only caught the last two songs and completely missed "Give Me Chocolate" which I was so gutted about! We thought we had quite a while afterwards to get our bearings and some food, but I'd heard a rumour that Foals were playing a secret set at 1:30 so we made our way to the NME stage and lo and behold, Foals started playing. Fourteen year old me was screaming inside! Then was my favourite part, watching Alexisonfire. I grew up listening to them and City and Colour so seeing Dallas Green in real life was a dream come true, I couldn't quite believe I was actually hearing his voice in person. It was so dreamy.


Rob was most excited to see Everything Everything and Catfish and the Bottlemen later on in the evening, we managed to get quite a good spot to see them which wasn't a problem for Everything Everything but wasn't as fun when the crowd started filing in for Catfish... I'm not the best with crowds and literally being unable to move was a complete nightmare, it was really gutting because it meant I couldn't enjoy their set but we knew for next time not to get so close.

It was great being able to see the bands we loved but also finding new bands we wouldn't necessarily have listened to or had only heard a few of their songs. A couple of bands that went straight on my "To Listen" list were:
  • Modestep
  • Spector

Did anyone else go to Reading or Leeds this year?


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment